• Advance sustainability in communities and on campuses
• Limited train service is available
• Car pooling assistance is provided
• Online registration, announcements and presentations
• Exhibitors honor our environmental mission with reduced materials
• Reusable exhibit posters and banners
• Limited handouts and giveaways made from sustainable materials (no plastics)
• Presentations are posted online after the conference in lieu of printed handouts
• Conference guide posted online and printed (one page only) on recycled/FSC-certified paper
FOOD & BEVERAGE
• No disposable plastic water bottles
• Unserved food is donated to local shelter or food pantry
• Lunch in the dining hall features several sustainable practices
• Recycle bin provided
• Compost: prep and plate food waste is composted
• Carbon offset for all building energy and transportation to and from the conference is a donation to a Massachusetts environmental organization. Former recipients: Live Cooler, Mass Climate Action Network, Toxics Action Center, Home Energy Efficiency Team, and Green Marlborough.
… and more.
We’re happy to work with our venue managers, exhibitors, vendors, participants, and staff on sustainable choices.